A health insurance policy is not just about covering the cost of medical treatments or the hospitalization expenses, but has many other dimensions to it. This article has been designed to give you a clear picture of most of the dimensions that make the health insurance policy. Generally, the people signing up for the health insurance policy never take their time to go through the clauses of the policies, which make most of the benefits of the insurance coverage to go begging and unused. The inability to go through the complete package may waste even the best medical insurance in Dubai.
Let’s take a look at many other benefits of a health insurance policy.
- A health insurance policy also comes with the convalescence benefit, which is also referred to as recuperating or recovery benefit. Under this title, the insurer is responsible for the insured’s recovery expenses, which may include various supplementary costs like loss of income. Generally, an insurer pays the amount lump sum in the event of prolonged stay at the hospital.
- The health insurance policy also covers the expenses related to the organ donor. This arrangement allows the insureds to go for the organ transplant surgery without having to worry about the medical bill. Some of the insurance companies cover the complete cost of the organ transplant surgeries but there are many other insurers that pays for such surgeries only if they are conducted in the government hospitals.
- There are many insurance companies which have expanded the range of medical coverage to the services supervised at home of the patient or the insured.
- Amid the rising competition, many insurers have started provision of the financial protection of expenses, such as food and traveling.
- If the insured is a child, many insurance companies offer allowance to the adults accompanying the insured at the hospital. In most of the cases, the insurer fixes the total allowance for the insured’s attendant during the stay at the medical facility.
- Did you know your health insurance policy also offers free periodic checkups, in case you have spent four to five years without a medical claim? However, these services are provided in selected hospitals and medical facilities.
- There are some companies in the United States, which cover dental treatments after a waiting period of about three to four years. The individual health insurance in Dubai also has various such clauses and provisions which allow the insureds to avail many dental procedures.